By Kelly Hamby
ARE YOU READY?
Links come from companies that have product or service to share with potential consumers for them.
Business owner or merchant attaches a program to their website or app. Web masters sign up through what is called a Affiliate Program. The web master then promotes the link.
The links can be posted on the web masters own site or from a choice of several other options.
The links point back to the merchants web site. When a consumer clicks on a link to make a purchase the web master earns a percentage of the sale, the merchant completes a sale with added interest of traffic value and consumers enjoy their purchase, often with specials or discounts to get them at the site.
It’s a win situation for everyone involved.
During my short time posting links I received payment based on three types of actions. Following I have listed the three types of actions. Please let me know if you have another method for payment that was received. I would love to add it to our list.
(1) CPA – Cost Per Action: Typically a cost/commission per sale when a credit card transaction has taken place or another form of payment for purchase was used.
(2) CPL – Cost Per Lead: Typically a cost/commission per lead or when a prospect completes a entry form/opt in form or when the web master, (now affiliate) directly sends traffic to the merchants web site. In accordance with agreement
(3) CPC – Cost Per Click: When a visitor clicks on a link or completes an opt in form the affiliate receives cost/commission per click. In accordance with agreement for payment.
Residual income (also called passive, or recurring income) is income that continues to be generated after the initial effort has been expended. Building a residual income is a great way to reach financial freedom. You put in the hard work and continue to bring in a lifelong income.
Residual income when posting links is most often generated by previous work that was completed by action of; CPA, CPL, CPC or a final transaction of sale. A residual income stream will earn you money even when you’re not on the clock. Owning rental units, collecting royalties or investing in a savings and investment program are examples of such income outside of posting links. Payment is based off original amount of transaction or a percentage for the quality and volume contributed to previous work. Each program is different so it is important to have a complete understanding of payouts and the requirements to receive them.
Here are some suggestions that might be helpful for you:
- Stay away from affiliate programs using pop up advertisement, spy ware or makes you install tool bars.
- Make sure the company provides you with commission for sales that it offers before you sign up.
- Ask if they track. If yes ask if it is on line only? Do they track phone, postal or fax?
- Good affiliate programs will provide code and script.
A good open source web authoring/editor is GIMP
A good open source imaging program is KOMPOZER
Go look at kelneiq.ws – Global Domains .ws for hosting packages or domain purchase and domain registry. I say go there because I am sending you to my web site. Go Daddy and Blue Host work well also. (Blue Host is 420 friendly)
HAVE FUN AND LINK AWAY